Ponytails and buns, our top tips for summer
Trending on the runways this summer are textured, messy buns and ponytails. Even if you have no coordination doing your hair these easy Up Do’s will give your hair that chic look with only minimal effort.
We all love the fact that the Ponytail is easy and simple to do, so why not jazz it up a little. Here’s how!
- Dust the whole head first with Shu Uemura Volume Maker, Texturising Powder. Concentrating on the mid-lengths and ends
- Section the hair from ear to ear, then tie this section into a ponytail
- Spray the front half, top and sides with a strong hairspray (we like R+Co Vicious Strong Hold Spray), brush this section into the existing ponytail, tying with another elastic
- Hairspray the tail and backcomb with your fingers to add volume and texture.
Voila! you have a gorgeous ponytail for any occasion.
It’s a great, easy hairstyle that’s so versatile that it can be worn in many ways, low and messy, high and sleek, from simply functional to utterly elegant.
Tips for a no fuss bun:
- Tip your head upside down, spray with a flexible hairspray (R+Co Outer Space Flexible Hairspray)
- Shake your hands through your hair to create volume
- Comb your fingers through your hair, pulling it into a high Ponytail, flip your head back over
- Twist and wrap the hair loosely into a top bun and fix with a few pins
- A little tip to make your bun look messy, simply pull on some strands, this leaves you with a soft and wispy bun.
No matter the occasion, a great ponytail or bun can be everything from functional to elegant, from day to night and from work to play.
Let us know if you have any more tips too.